Tuesday, June 5

Registry ranting

Who knew newlyweds needed so much new stuff?! Drew and I finally finished registering tonight at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I think overall, we spent at least 5 hours registering, not including the time we spent editing our registry online. Whew!

I guess I sound like a spoiled brat. "It's just so tiring to register for all these wonderful things!" But honestly, Drew and I really went into this whole registering thing with the words "simple" on our lips. We are simple people! We don't need a whole lot! We told each other in the car before we got in the store, "We're only going to register for things we really need. What we don't want to do is end up with a bunch of crap we don't really need." Famous last words.

We walk in the store, thinking it was going to be a simple process, you know being simple people and all. We had to sit down with a registry consultant (oh yes, a consultant) and fill out a lot of info. They made us look through this huge book of fine china. C'mon, this is laugh worthy. Drew and me looking through a book of fine china. You should have seen us. We took the book to be polite and looked at each other like, "Whaaa?" Literally.

Our registry consultant also talked through "registry etiquette" with us. Etiquette? US? No, no ma'am you must not understand. Apparently, the rule is you are supposed to register for twice as many items as you have guests coming to your wedding. Drew and I actually busted out laughing. I think we kind of scared the girl. "We have to register for 600 items?!" She said yes and we moved on.

When we FINALLY got the gun, we booked it out of there and started scanning away. We threw simple out the window. I mean, we HAD to register for 600 items or be rude, right? Two hours later, we had scanned about 10 pages worth of stuff, including a cappucino machine (complete with latte making tools), panini maker (why not?), and every kitchen tool known to man; we still had not put a dent in our 600 item goal. We left the store, too pooped to continue on to bedroom and bathroom items. I slept dang good that night.

Tonight's endeavors were not as draining. Registering for fluffy things helps I think. :)

It's really hard to believe that the wedding is in 2 months. My to-do list is ever growing!

Well, I guess I had better go to bed. I'll probably be dreaming of spatulas and bathrugs :)

2 comments:

Randi said...

all i have to say is that i will laugh histerically when you guys wind up with a cappucino machine and panini maker and no dishes, silverware or any other essentials. (i know this wont happen but still...it would be funny) :)

Love or Nothing said...

Drea love,
I am honored to have you as my first comment! I ended up mentioning you in my second post as well, you're just on my mind as of late :) I checked out your registry online today missy... you are going to have a happy house filled with happy things!!

Love you! <3