Friday, May 25

Home sweet home

Today might be one of the best days ever; I might be experiencing some of the sweetest moments ever! Let me explain my current circumstances and you will agree :o)

Yesterday, I graduated college. I feel pretty proud of that bachelor's degree! It went by so fast. I feel so blessed (really, I do) to have my Salisbury experiences ingrained in my memory. As cheesy as it sounds, when I walked across that stage yesterday, I knew people were excited for me. That's a good feeling, to be loved. Even though it was a tiring day, I am still feeling the excitement this afternoon.

Last night, I got to just chill out with my parents at home and FINALLY got to spend a little quality time with Drew. Our relationship has consisted of very brief phone calls for the past few weeks, so it was so good to sit down and just BE together.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and just laid in bed for an hour, enjoying the sweetness of it all. My dad came home from work early and we had lunch on the back porch: homemade soup, bread and butter, cheese and fudgesicles :o) Since the weather is just beautiful (adding to my perfect day), we just sat on the porch and hung out. It's so good to spend time with my father. He is so dang wise and I always feel benefitted after a conversation with him.

Currently, I am still sitting out on the back porch with my first issue of Send! magazine (GFA's News Magazine), which just came yesterday, again adding to my wonderful day. The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, Bethany's playing and Bear's sitting right at my feet. This is just great.

Not only is the past causing today to be wonderful, but I've got so much to look forward to this weekend! Tonight, Drew and I are going to register, which should be interesting :o), and we're going to go out to dinner - mmm - and just soak up each other's company. Tomorrow morning we are sending out wedding invitations (!), then hitting up some graduation parties, including Emily's where I will see friends! Sunday morning, I'm visiting Grace and playing with the LC Band, then having lunch with my family. Monday, Drew and I have been invited to hang out at the Strickland farm all day with our friends, which includes a heated, salt water pool, jacuzzi and Jason Brown's famous barbeque.

My life is just too good.

To top it all off, I've got a really good prospective job in the works and it's perfect. Also, some of us are meeting this week to begin praying about young adult ministry at our church - I am incredibly excited about it. I'm beginning to fit. This summer is the beginning of the rest of my life, for real.

It's time like these when I really remember and see that God is in control of my life and always has been. Anxieties seem to melt away.

Well, Mom just got home with groceries and I should probably help her out :o) I hope your day is also good and that you are able to see God in it.

Until next time :o)