Saturday, July 28

13 and counting...

Man, the last time I wrote in this blog, there was 36 days left until the big day. There is now 13. WHAAAT? It's pretty crazy how the time seems to fly and creep.

Some updates...

- The calling period is over at work! (WOO HOO!) I got the last day and half off with pay because we were done. It's a good feeling. Now, we just stuff envelopes and bags.

- There may be an opportunity for a full-time position with ACS really soon. I think I want it. The job is an income manager for Relay for Life, meaning I would work with volunteers full-time. I think I'd like it. Something to pray about though - the hours aren't regular and the commute is a bit far.

- Drew and I are moving our stuff into our NEW apartment this weekend! We found an apartment in Annapolis, supersmall, but brand new! We are excited to paint and have Emily help interior design until she leaves for China.

- Today is our wedding band practice, which we could not be more excited about. We have a TIGHT wedding band. You'll see :)

- My sisters and Amanda threw me a great shower. I am constantly amazed how generous people are. I am beyond grateful.

- Our engagement pictures should come in the mail today and will be posted promptly :)

- I officially have the BEST bridesmaids ever. Man, they're great.

- Drew and I got a joint checking account. Ha. It's pretty interesting, learning to share the little money I have. We are learning how to compromise and I am learning to respect Drew's authority in another aspect of our relationship. We have only had one money argument, and I think it was a good learning experience for both of us :) We just got checks that have BOTH our names on it, including my new name!

- It's so good to have money! But we are spending it left and right! Last night, we bought a sofa for the apartment (!) and gifts for our wedding party. We really don't mind spending money on these gifts, REALLY, but we had to get over sticker shock for a second there.

- We both forgot about our birthdays. Everything gets overshadowed by the wedding. It's sort of funny really. I planned a dress fitting on Drew's birthday. Someone asked me if I was excited about my birthday the other day and I must have looked like an idiot because I said, "My birthday? What day is it?" Ha. The wedding takes the cake (no pun) when it comes to celebrations this year :)

The main point: I am happy and excited. A very good combination. I am continually surprised at God's goodness, though I guess I shouldn't be. Besides physical blessing, God is ever so slowly changing my stubborn, rock heart through other people, Monday nights and even in wedding planning. It's a slow process really. But I am beginning to see more clearly some of the things He wants me to see, which I have completely missed before.

Good life. Now.

REALLY good life. 13 days. :)

2 comments:

Love or Nothing said...

oh, drea love. i feel as though i miss your singleness already. i just realized over the week how soon you're going to get married and i am so excited for you, but part of me misses you!! it's a weird feeling. but please come back and visit at school, i'm going to need a drea fix. i don't know if i ever really told you how much i appreciate everything you did for the band and for Breakaway and for my life. everything i know about hearts and connecting to people and seeking after something worthwhile i learned from you.

thanks. <3.

Love or Nothing said...

i know. it's a little weird since he's so old and let's face it, she's barely legal. AND they've been together when she wasn't. so yeah strange, but at the same time, 2 people couldn't be more perfect for each other aside from the age difference! lol
<3.